Spaghetti Squash Pie
- 1 spaghetti squash (at least 4 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites
- Seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Microwave squash for 6 minutes, or until soft enough to cut. Once cool enough to handle, halve lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Fill a large baking pan with 1/2 inch water and place squash halves in the pan, cut sides down.
- Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add ground beef, and season with 1/2 tsp. onion powder, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook and crumble for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove squash from oven , but leave oven on. Use a fork to scrape out spaghetti squash strands. Place strands in strainer to remove excess moisture, and thoroughly blot dry. Transfer 5 cups squash strands to the large bowl.
- Add canned crushed tomatoes, egg whites, and 1 teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to the pie pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for ten minutes before slicing.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower A fun and easy appetizer or snack made with just a few simple ingredients. Fully loaded with …
Chicken or Beef Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Another delicious treat utilizing healthy spaghetti squash! Ingredients 1 spaghetti squash 2 boneless, skinless …
Stuffed Banana Peppers A classic recipe, normally using Italian sausage, has been revamped for our Natural Fit program. Using ground …