Chicken or Beef Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Another delicious treat utilizing healthy spaghetti squash!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets pounded to 1/2 inch thickness OR 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Microwave squash for 6 minutes, until soft enough to cut. Halve lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds.
- Fill a large baking pan with 1/2 inch water. Add squash halves, cut sides down.
- Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with non-stick spray to medium heat. Season chicken (or beef) with 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook chicken (or beef) through.
- Transfer chicken (or beef) to a large bowl. Shred with two forks or finely chop.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean, if needed. Re-spray and bring to medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, remaining 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add 3 tbsp. water. Cook and stir until veggies have mostly softened and browned and water has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer veggie to the large bowl. Add black beans and 1/4 cup enchilada sauce. Mix until uniform.
- Remove baking pan from oven, but leave oven on. Remove squash halves and thoroughly blot dry.
- Empty water from baking pan. Return squash halves, cut side up. Use a fork to scrape out squash strands. Transfer 3 cups squash strands to the large bowl, and mix thoroughly. (Save the rest for another time)
- Divide squash mixture between the two hollow squash halves. Evenly top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Bake until filling is hot, about 5 minutes.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower A fun and easy appetizer or snack made with just a few simple ingredients. Fully loaded with …
Chicken or Beef Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Another delicious treat utilizing healthy spaghetti squash! Ingredients 1 spaghetti squash 2 boneless, skinless …
Stuffed Banana Peppers A classic recipe, normally using Italian sausage, has been revamped for our Natural Fit program. Using ground …